Little Bits of a Little Bit's Life

Maybe they'd have to hold each other when it rose, all organe and full and close. Maybe that's where our romantic notions about the moon first came from. Two people holding each other to keep their hearts from breaking, because everybody they knew was dying in the cold rocks and dust piles a quarter million miles away...
The Brothers K








Archives:









Dancer Blogs:

now in reverse alphabetical order by blog url!

Kat S.
Tina
Mike B.
Justin
Kari
Mike O.
Graham
Erin
Eric


Other Notable Blogs:

Bill
Kat R.
Huey
Tom





søndag, juli 24, 2005

 

I had my first shooting lesson today! It was so cool. Bryan set up a newspaper stuffed box that we hung against a wall in his room. We went over basic gun safety and handling stuff, and then started on actual shooting technique. I was using a training pistol that only shoots bbs using compressed air. I was pretty proud of the results; I was able to keep things clustered within the 8-pt circle. Even inside of that I managed to be consistent with my shots. Bryan says that it's better for someone to shoot consistently, even if it's not in the bull's-eye, than it is for them to hit the bull's-eye every now and then and be all over the map with other shots. It's hard to look down the sights and actually figure out where the shot will end up. I can't wait until we get more advanced, learning more about the actual gun and how it works and all its parts, and other kinds of shooting technique (like from a holster, or under pressure, situational, etc.).

That being said, a gun is still very scary. It's an intense experience and I think that it's good to remember that every time I shoot, the bullet could kill somebody. Don't quite know what to think about that yet.


posted by Becky at 6:47 p.m. -


 

Powered By Blogger TM