Little Bits of a Little Bit's Life

Maybe they'd have to hold each other when it rose, all organe and full and close. Maybe that's where our romantic notions about the moon first came from. Two people holding each other to keep their hearts from breaking, because everybody they knew was dying in the cold rocks and dust piles a quarter million miles away...
The Brothers K








Archives:









Dancer Blogs:

now in reverse alphabetical order by blog url!

Kat S.
Tina
Mike B.
Justin
Kari
Mike O.
Graham
Erin
Eric


Other Notable Blogs:

Bill
Kat R.
Huey
Tom





onsdag, juni 29, 2005

 

Steve Jobs spoke about death and dying in his commencement address. It's only now that I realize that the context of that discussion was entirely selfish. He was saying that you should seize every opportunity, follow your passions, stuff like that - live life for yourself, in essence.

But what about the other people in your life? Do you leave them behind when you do that? Were they part of one story, and now that it's over you're never allowed to speak to them again?

I'm just having a hard time letting go of people I've gotten to know over the past four years at Stanford. When they leave campus, how am I supposed to never speak to them again? I still care about them, I still want to be involved in their lives, I still hope the best for them.

On a similar note, what do I do if people shut me out of their lives when I still want to be a part of it?


posted by Becky at 7:51 a.m. -
Comments:
I don't think that's what he was saying at all. He wasn't saying to run away and never look back--he was saying not to live "someone else's life" by letting other people put you down, and tell you what to do. True friends will support you as you follow your dreams.

And, friends will always be there for (cough) Naruto...
 
Wow, Becky, I have had many a conversation about this very thing with some of my other friends... (the what do you do when you want to be a part of people's lives when they shut you out of theirs). We'll have to chat on IM sometime :-). It was great talking to you tonight (or this afternoon for you).
Miss you!
~Katie
 
Legg inn en kommentar


 

Powered By Blogger TM