Little Bits of a Little Bit's Life

Maybe they'd have to hold each other when it rose, all organe and full and close. Maybe that's where our romantic notions about the moon first came from. Two people holding each other to keep their hearts from breaking, because everybody they knew was dying in the cold rocks and dust piles a quarter million miles away...
The Brothers K








Archives:









Dancer Blogs:

now in reverse alphabetical order by blog url!

Kat S.
Tina
Mike B.
Justin
Kari
Mike O.
Graham
Erin
Eric


Other Notable Blogs:

Bill
Kat R.
Huey
Tom





tirsdag, januar 25, 2005

 

Good heavens, it's been over a month since I updated. Shame on me!

But suffice it to say that life has been grand in the meantime. This quarter is going to be - has been - absolutely nutty. From Snow Trip cancellations to HPAC issues, dorm staff has been consuming much time. I am taking four classes this quarter too - that tends to eat up just a little bit. Deca's rehearsing lots for VBall and just in general. And of course, there's the job search which is in various states of un-improvement. Because I like lists (yay David for getting me the mostest awesomest Xmas present ever: sheets of lined paper with one column called "Pros" and one column called "Cons"!!), here are lists in honor of Winter Quarter, 2005.

JOB OPTIONS
1) Microsoft: Flying me to Redmond, sometime in near future, for PM interview. Woohoo!
2) Google: didn't like me for a APM job, but deca peeps want to refer me for various engineering, admin, and PM positions.
3) Amazon.com: the guy at the Amazon booth recognized me, even though I'd never seen him before. He took my resume and will hopefully get back to me :P
4) Miscellaneous startups: gave my resume to like a billion companies this week, most of which were doing voice applications. It'd be cool to do research with one of them.
5) Religious non-profits/NGOs: Talking to Fr. Carl about getting a post with a social work group abroad. Would be uber cool experience.
6) Mayfield Fellows Program: This isn't actually a job, and in fact it would prevent me from graduating this year. But it would be great business experience - which is what I really need and want.

THINGS MAKING ME HAPPY
1) Shopping for VBall gowns with Kat, and hemming subsequently purchased gowns with Caitlin.
2) Cailin being uber supportive :)
3) Watching The OC and daydreaming about Ryan
4) Reading The Brothers K when I can
5) Feeling calm, at peace, and genuinely optimistic - admist the craziness, business, and challenges that make up my day-to-day life.
6) Surprise ramen visits that make me feel cared for and loved
7) Earplugs so that I can sleep peacefully amongst chaos
8) Morning mass - you can't beat the sun shining during worship
9) Hanging out with my staff and around the dorm - laughter abounds
10) Everything and everyone else that I didn't mention, and all the little things you all do for me every day.

That's about as much updating as I can afford to do. Need to get back to reading the actually fascinating case studies of how WebTV became WebTV, and possibly later the Yangzhou massacre. God bless you all!


posted by Becky at 1:27 a.m. -


 

Powered By Blogger TM