Little Bits of a Little Bit's Life

Maybe they'd have to hold each other when it rose, all organe and full and close. Maybe that's where our romantic notions about the moon first came from. Two people holding each other to keep their hearts from breaking, because everybody they knew was dying in the cold rocks and dust piles a quarter million miles away...
The Brothers K








Archives:









Dancer Blogs:

now in reverse alphabetical order by blog url!

Kat S.
Tina
Mike B.
Justin
Kari
Mike O.
Graham
Erin
Eric


Other Notable Blogs:

Bill
Kat R.
Huey
Tom





søndag, oktober 10, 2004

 

I've had an exciting 24 hours!

First experience: Real ramen! I've been coming down with whatever this icky cough-nose thing is that's going around now, and I had been expounding upon the healing powers of ramen to David C. So, he went out and did what any good boy would do: bought me lots of tasty ramen, a bowl, and chopsticks. And this is not your run-of-the-mill Safeway ramen. This is the real thing, ramen whose package is indecipherable b/c it's in Chinese characters. This is ramen that comes with two (!) flavor packets. This is ramen that comes with a vegetable packet. This is Ramen. And I tell you what, you know what makes all the difference in the ramen experience? It's about the bowl! The ramen bowl that I now have is worthy of tea ceremony ceramic. It's simple, beautiful, with one big discolored blotch on the right side. Ramen eating has now become an Art. It is a ritual ceremony, performed with great seriousness and gravity, meant to bring tranquility to all participants. At the moment, it is a solitary activity, but perhaps in the future the Ramen Ritual can be made community-based.

I love my ramen. :)

Second experience: Shopping! I totally ditched going to SF today in favor of staying here, figuring I'd have more time to do work. Of course, I went shopping instead, promising myself I'd only be an hour. But when I got there, I needed it so bad that I just kept on going. I saw the most perfect shirt ever - it was sleeveless, small cowl neck, with a silver glitter unicorn on the front - which I did not buy b/c it was ridiculously expensive. I did, however, walk out of Express with the most perfect pair of pants ever - periwinkle blue, and they look sexy. They're the first pair of pants I've bought since high school that are size 2. To be honest, that's part of why I bought them. That way, I have proof that I fit anywhere from a size 2 to a size 8 in pants. Stupid manufacturers. They need to make more pants that fit my body shape. But these, at least, are asspants :) Yay!

Perhaps I shall wear them to WCS tonight.....


posted by Becky at 3:20 a.m. -
Comments:
Ohhhh no. Real ramen does not come in packets of any kind. You have to go to a real ramen shop, like the one on Castro.
 
oh my god, express totally fooled me that way too! i was in there a couple of weeks ago and i tried on a size 4 and they fit! and i was henceforth obligated to buy them! i'm not sure if it's a good thing or a dirty trick, but it makes me feel better about myself anyway.
 
Oh my God, look, someone totally stole my name. Hold on, I'm gonna "take care of her."

~Kat
 
uh oh. bring it, bitch!
 
Legg inn en kommentar


 

Powered By Blogger TM