Little Bits of a Little Bit's Life

Maybe they'd have to hold each other when it rose, all organe and full and close. Maybe that's where our romantic notions about the moon first came from. Two people holding each other to keep their hearts from breaking, because everybody they knew was dying in the cold rocks and dust piles a quarter million miles away...
The Brothers K








Archives:









Dancer Blogs:

now in reverse alphabetical order by blog url!

Kat S.
Tina
Mike B.
Justin
Kari
Mike O.
Graham
Erin
Eric


Other Notable Blogs:

Bill
Kat R.
Huey
Tom





tirsdag, oktober 26, 2004

 

I have had an eventful weekend, and an eventful day. I've made a couple reasonably important decisions, only one of which I'll actually talk about here. But first, two public service announcements!

One: GO TO SUBWAY and get a sandwich, any sandwich, right now, and PUT AVOCADO ON IT. It is so glorious and wonderful and tasty! The avocados they have right now are the perfect consistency - not too mushy and not too hard, just very creamy. Yuuuum!

Two: GO SOMEWHERE and BUY A MOTORCYCLE. So that I can ride on it. No wait, I mean so that you can ride on it. Yeah. Riding motorcycles must be pretty freaking cool, since I've decided that I want a motorcycle more than I want a convertible. Perhaps if you're supernice, Sam might give you a ride so's you can see for yourself :P

And now, the moment you've all been waiting for! The answer to the question, "What am I doing after graduation?"

Drumroll, please......

So here's the plan: I'm going to travel, then work. Woohoo! Now, you might be shaking your head in exasperation, asking, "Travel where? Work where? For how long? Starting when?" But I merely shrug and say, those are minor details! They'll work themselves out. Seriously though, this is a major step forward for me. I think the most pertinent question now is, do I want to work abroad, i.e. with an NGO or the UN or teaching English or some other unknown opportunity, or do I just want to bum around and see the world on my own ticket? There are arguments for either way. This might be a situation where I just wait to see what opportunities come along. Afterwards, I'll hopefully be working at Google, but I'm open to other possibilities that want to pay me money :) If you have job openings wherever you work, and want a super-cool and uber-talented coworker, you know how to reach me :P


In the meantime, send me suggestions for where to travel. What's the coolest place you've ever been? I have a ton of ideas myself, but right now they're literally all over the world and I need to narrow it somehow :P Or I guess I don't really have to. But whatever, they should be prioritized!

I feel very productive now. :)


posted by Becky at 1:06 a.m. -
Comments:
Wandering the globe on your own whim sounds like it'd be pretty fucking sweet, but I think I'd feel better if I were somewhere helping people that needed my help. Maybe not directly, on your hands and knees feeding somalian kids, but somewhere in the line of assisting those in need. (Working for a major corporation that is definitely part of the Man is making me feel so hollow, gah.) Maybe not even working for cash, but volunteering. The peace corps. Something like that.

Hmm. /me goes off and thinks about joining the peace corps
 
hey!
i've actually be seriously thinking about peace core too...you could use your spanish and/or rcc skills and really see the world and connect with people. and, it's probably one of the best times of your life to do so.

places i really want to go (in no particular order): australia, argentina, north and south chile, peru, russia, turkey, japan, china, lebanon, greece, north africa, south africa, scotland/ireland, india, and lots of other places.

my question:
do i want to defer grad school and do something random? or peace core? i'm applying for grad school now to get it over with, but i'm seriously wondering if i'm too not too much of a hypochondriac to do something like peace core...espectially if bush is re-installed.

-jamie fitz
 
Legg inn en kommentar


 

Powered By Blogger TM