Little Bits of a Little Bit's Life

Maybe they'd have to hold each other when it rose, all organe and full and close. Maybe that's where our romantic notions about the moon first came from. Two people holding each other to keep their hearts from breaking, because everybody they knew was dying in the cold rocks and dust piles a quarter million miles away...
The Brothers K








Archives:









Dancer Blogs:

now in reverse alphabetical order by blog url!

Kat S.
Tina
Mike B.
Justin
Kari
Mike O.
Graham
Erin
Eric


Other Notable Blogs:

Bill
Kat R.
Huey
Tom





mandag, juli 05, 2004

 

For those of you who know how I feel about red peppers in the food in the dining halls at Stanford, you'll find this highly amusing :)

"It's an Onion's World, I'm Just Living in It ... Grrr!

What part of "no onions" don't you understand?

Why do restaurants automatically assume that everybody likes onions? I took a big bite out of a pepperoni calzone the other day, and while I was expecting some ricotta, mozzarella cheese, sauce and pepperoni, I got a mouthful of red onions. Now, I am a former pizza guy, in fact, it's pretty much how I spent my summers on the Jersey shore during college, and I've never put onions in a calzone. Who puts onions in a calzone?

But it's not just calzones. Nooooo. People put onions in salad, on hamburgers, in pasta dishes, on chicken, on steak, in Chinese food, you name it. Onions are everywhere!

What's worse is when a restaurant takes the time to list every ingredient of each entree on a menu, and you choose an entree based on those ingredients — or lack thereof in the case of onions — and you still have to pick the onions out of the dish. Which doesn't help anyway because once the onion is present, it contaminates the entire dish with onion yuckiness!

This all stems back to my childhood when I mistook an onion for a peeled apple." -- http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,124720,00.html

Totally my thoughts exactly, dude. :)


posted by Becky at 7:09 p.m. -


 

Powered By Blogger TM