|
Maybe they'd have to hold each other when it rose, all organe and full and close. Maybe that's where our romantic notions about the moon first came from. Two people holding each other to keep their hearts from breaking, because everybody they knew was dying in the cold rocks and dust piles a quarter million miles away...
The Brothers K
|
fredag, juli 02, 2004
Dave and I are no longer together. Rather than explaining why or sharing how I'm feeling in gory and overdramatic detail, I'd like to devote this space to commemorating an extraordinary and extremely special relationship. Two years have passed by in a flash, but during that time we've journeyed far from our origins - together. Dave has always been by my side, and will continue to be an important person and motivating factor in my life. Clearly, I have been blessed with an opportunity to experience what love really means, firsthand. I have been blessed with a companion who truly cares about me, to the point of self-sacrifice. I have been blessed with a creative lead, a study buddy, and a fellow anime junkie. I have been blessed with the chance to grow in an astounding number of ways, guided by a true angel. Though we shared as many downs as we did ups, we learned from each encounter and discovered new ways to care about each other. I am so thankful and so grateful that I was able to share two years of my life with a gentleman as extraordinary as Dave is. Now, I look forward to seeing the Lord's blessings in the new ways we grow and learn from each other as best of friends.
Here's looking at you, boo. :)
|
|