Little Bits of a Little Bit's Life

Maybe they'd have to hold each other when it rose, all organe and full and close. Maybe that's where our romantic notions about the moon first came from. Two people holding each other to keep their hearts from breaking, because everybody they knew was dying in the cold rocks and dust piles a quarter million miles away...
The Brothers K








Archives:









Dancer Blogs:

now in reverse alphabetical order by blog url!

Kat S.
Tina
Mike B.
Justin
Kari
Mike O.
Graham
Erin
Eric


Other Notable Blogs:

Bill
Kat R.
Huey
Tom





torsdag, april 01, 2004

 

Uh oh, it's April now, and I let March go by without a post. Ooops! Well, it's all because last quarter was so fantastic. I had one of the best quarters academically that I've ever had, which was extremely satisfying. Furthermore, those successes and discoveries have prompted me to make a decision: I will be minoring in East Asian Studies. Woohoo!!! I'm so thrilled =) Finally I get justified for being a total Japan-o-phile hehe. I'll get to take neato classes like, "Globalization and Japan," "Traditional East Asian Civiliazation: Japan," and "Chinese Martial Arts: Historical, Religious, and Cultural Perspectives." Oh boy!!!!! I'm also considering applying to graduate school, in one of three departments: CASA, Linguistics, and Psych. But we'll see how I feel after next year; I'm all revved up about my classes now but time has shown that it doesn't last for more than a year. Also, I can't forget how much I hated fall quarter this year, and wanted to be done with school for good. It might turn out that I just want to be out of here -- but then again that could be satisfied by being in Oslo during the summer. *crosses fingers* watch for updates :)

On another note, it's that time of year again: sorority rush. Every year this comes around, and I think, "I wish I could rush. I'd have a whole group of girls to be my friends then." and then this little voice in my head responds, "But you're so much cooler than all those girls; why bring yourself down to that level because of desperation?" And I end up not rushing, and regretting it as I get to know a ridiculous proportion of the Tri Delts and Chi Os, and even some Thetas. And this year, there's two Asian-themed sororities. I wonder if those groups would even let me rush, since I'm decidedly not Asian. I almost want to try just to see what would happen....hmmm. I wish there were better defined rules on non-traditional rushing. Also, I want to rush Phi Psi. That's the real group for me -- tons of CS and engineering nerds who love to play video games and watch anime *g*. Oh yeah, hot stuff right there.

On that note, it's finally time for me to shower and become a productive member of society for the day.


posted by Becky at 9:07 p.m. -


 

Powered By Blogger TM