|
Maybe they'd have to hold each other when it rose, all organe and full and close. Maybe that's where our romantic notions about the moon first came from. Two people holding each other to keep their hearts from breaking, because everybody they knew was dying in the cold rocks and dust piles a quarter million miles away...
The Brothers K
|
onsdag, desember 31, 2003
I survived the surgery. Thank God :) I now have 4 fewer teeth. And a lot of stitches. And a sore jaw. And a nauseated stomach. But overall I'm recovering quite nicely, thanks to my Vicodin.
The surgery itself was quite interesting. I do not do well in doctors' offices to begin with, and needles and blood generally do not agree with me. Then complicate that with a surgical procedure, and life is not looking so good. But! But! They gave me laughing gas, which, contrary to popular belief, did not make me in the least bit laughy. Instead, it merely gave me the extra bit of encouragement and confidence and calm that I needed, so that the nerve impulse "AUGH!! NEEDLE!! PASS OUT!!" became "Needle. Don't look and you'll be fine." I almost did pass out, but because of the laughing gas. As my mom put it, there was a lot of distance between the ears and the brain when I was breathing nitrous oxide. At some point, I mentioned to the nurse that they should have something more interesting on the ceiling for patients to look at while they're waiting. She said that probably wasn't a good idea because some of the medications they give to patients make them think the ceiling is moving. I thought it would be highly amusing if there was a jungle animal print on the ceiling, and people thought the tigers were attacking them. :) The next thing I remember is being woken up and carried to the recovery room, where I lay passed out for about 45 minutes. It took me a really long time to wake up from the anesthesia, and once I could sit up well enough to let the nurse take out my IV, Mom drove me home and I passed out again in my bed for three more hours. It was a very bizzare experience, imho.
As I'm recovering, I'm redesigning my website. Here's a screenshot:
What do you guys think? Leave me comments. (Fyi, the inside of the page will have the star motif in a small corner somewhere, and just a simple folder design for the textual information. I'll carry the handwriting and color palette through the entire site, I think.)
|
|