Little Bits of a Little Bit's Life

Maybe they'd have to hold each other when it rose, all organe and full and close. Maybe that's where our romantic notions about the moon first came from. Two people holding each other to keep their hearts from breaking, because everybody they knew was dying in the cold rocks and dust piles a quarter million miles away...
The Brothers K








Archives:









Dancer Blogs:

now in reverse alphabetical order by blog url!

Kat S.
Tina
Mike B.
Justin
Kari
Mike O.
Graham
Erin
Eric


Other Notable Blogs:

Bill
Kat R.
Huey
Tom





lørdag, november 01, 2003

 

HAPPY HALLOWEEN! I'm very excited about tonight. I'm going to The B with all the Whirlwinds and other dance groups around. I can't wait to see the newest incarnation of the Youth Hostel =) While I don't really have a costume persay, I am dressing up - yay return of the Tiger Goddess!! *evil g*

I spent some of the afternoon hanging out with Gavilan people. We had good fun, baking pumpkin seeds and eating carmel apples. We also watched Scary Movie, which has got to be the dumbest movie ever put into existence. There is something seriously wrong with the people who wrote that movie. Anyways, it was an enjoyable way to screw away the afternoon. I justified it by studying for several hours in the earlier afternoon.

In other news, my iTunes now boasts smart playlists categorizing all my dance music! Weee! You want some swing, I can get you some swing :) You want some hustle, I can get you that too! You want a mix of Japanese music (whatever genre) and six-count but not lindy swing, you can even get that. Weeeeee iTunes! Going through all my music has made me realize that I have so many memories associated with some songs. Sometimes it's so painful to listen to a song, b/c the stage of my life that it reminds me of is so vivid and powerful. And what's funnier is that most of the songs remind me of boys, and relationships that I had with boys. There are only four songs that I have that DON'T remind me of boys, but remind me of other intense life situations. Then there's about ten that remind me of boys for various reasons. The number one taboo song is "Here's to the Night" by Eve 6, which is a shame since I love the song so much. It reminds me of two boys, first the guy I went to my senior prom with (which was a very very very complicated relationship) and then the guy I dated immediately following that (because he was a rebound of the previous relationship). Both were long distance relationships, so the song was especially appropriate for us. At least I can still listen to BNL, Goo Goo Dolls, and Third Eye Blind. It would make me too sad if those were taboo too. I love my music :)


posted by Becky at 2:21 a.m. -


 

Powered By Blogger TM