Little Bits of a Little Bit's Life

Maybe they'd have to hold each other when it rose, all organe and full and close. Maybe that's where our romantic notions about the moon first came from. Two people holding each other to keep their hearts from breaking, because everybody they knew was dying in the cold rocks and dust piles a quarter million miles away...
The Brothers K








Archives:









Dancer Blogs:

now in reverse alphabetical order by blog url!

Kat S.
Tina
Mike B.
Justin
Kari
Mike O.
Graham
Erin
Eric


Other Notable Blogs:

Bill
Kat R.
Huey
Tom





mandag, august 18, 2003

 

Well, it's good to be back. It was supremely excellent to be home for a week, and I could have used another day or two of just sitting around. I literally got less sleep at home than I do here, and that's an impressive feat. I had a nice flight back (once I actually made it to the airport, with a meager hour to spare before the flight take-off). I had been assigned to an aisle seat in the extreme last row of this giant 777 flown by United, which bummed me out b/c a) it was the back and b) United didn't remodel their planes for more room throughout coach like American (you'd think that since I'm a small person it wouldn't affect me as much, but it really does - my knees were a half-inch away from the seat in front of me). But then, right before takeoff, the flight attendants upgraded me to the Economy Plus section, where I got LOTS of room! I got a window seat AND an aisle seat all to myself, and five or six extra inches of space. All because the flight attendants wanted to have "somewhere to sit in case of turbulence." Wee!

In less interesting news, several weeks ago I realized that I had 93 telephone numbers in my address book for my phone. This impressed me very much. However, in paging through the entries, I further realized that I never called more than about 10 of those numbers with any regularity, and probably have never called 20. This depressed me very much. So yesterday, while waiting for the plane to pull away from the gate, I went through each entry and viciously eliminated the ones I never call. The only exceptions I made were for friends that I don't see often, and I would have no way of getting their number if I wanted to see them when I was home. I kept those, and tossed pretty much everything else. It was an extremely therapeutic effort; I felt as though I was ridding myself of all kinds of extra emotional baggage. Who would have though purging a cell phone address book would do that? Now, though, I have about 60 entries in my book. While this is significantly fewer than before, the quality of the address book has risen drastically: those 60 numbers are numbers that are very important to me, b/c the people attached to them are important to me. That makes me happy. :)


posted by Becky at 8:47 p.m. -


 

Powered By Blogger TM