|
Maybe they'd have to hold each other when it rose, all organe and full and close. Maybe that's where our romantic notions about the moon first came from. Two people holding each other to keep their hearts from breaking, because everybody they knew was dying in the cold rocks and dust piles a quarter million miles away...
The Brothers K
|
tirsdag, august 26, 2003
There are many entities conspiring against me going to hustle tonight. Let me introduce them to you. First, in a hidden dark corner of a depthless closet, we have The Laundry Pile. She has been Festering for about a month now, since before SIGGRAPH. I believe that it is probably high time that I pay her the attention she deserves. Second, mobilized in a not-so-random series of 1s and 0s, we have The Playlist. There are songs, begging on their knees, to be classified as "Fast Waltz," "Sweet Lindy," or the ever coveted "Schottische." And they further beg me to introduce them to each other, so that "Cross Step Foxtrot" may follow "Polka" and "Hustle" around the room. By doing thus, I shall orchestrate a most magnificent time for all dances involved. Thirdly, we have The Wisdom Tooth. The Wisdom Tooth, bane of my existence, should have been dumped and forgotten a year ago. But I can't bring myself to part with him, thereby wishing doom unto myself. He has outgrown his spot in my jaw, and desires to annex a molar or two. If that is not sufficient, he further threatens the meek Right Tonsil and complacent Right Ear Channel. This week, his campaign is unusually forcible, having made an alliance with The Sini (ahem, plural of "sinus"), who desire to infiltrate My Lungs with phlegm by the method of constant post-nasal drip. Together they have produced a most noticable migraine, regularly, in the late afternoon, for the past few days. Lastly, there are The Responsibilties. Also known as The Mob, they are constantly looking for efficient and elegant problem resolution. I have been under their compulsion to Organize My Checkbook For URO Purposes, as well as Design The WestFlo Website, Read The Frosh Book, and Something Else Which I Have Presently Forgotten. I fear for my life if these tasks are not completed As Soon As Possible.
Can I make it past all these obstacles, and arrive safely at The Hustle Club in Campbell this evening? Tune in at 8:15 Pacific Date Time to find out!
|
|