|
Maybe they'd have to hold each other when it rose, all organe and full and close. Maybe that's where our romantic notions about the moon first came from. Two people holding each other to keep their hearts from breaking, because everybody they knew was dying in the cold rocks and dust piles a quarter million miles away...
The Brothers K
|
torsdag, august 21, 2003
So I haven't actually been at my computer enough to begin looking at all these extra features that Pro & Plus bring. Until the weekend (most likely), I will just be posting normal blah stuff.
Dancing last night was good clean fun. It seemed like people were just going to go to hustle like usual, but it ended up that everyone went to swing instead! Yay! I was bummed because I thought I was going to have to go to hustle, but I didn't really feel like hustling this week. It'd been too long since I'd swung (?), and I was anxious to work a little on my style and try out some of the stuff I'd seen in San Diego. So it was nice to see (nearly) everybody there, and I was excited to see Jed & Alex too. I don't usually get to dance with them, and we even had a funny conversation. Next time I'll have to get up the nerve to introduce myself to Rich, whom Neal recommended for learning balboa (something I REALLY need to do). Swing Central feels so easy-going and low-key that I was sort of lulled into just dancing with people I knew. It's a very comfort-zone kind of feeling, and I wasn't tempted to push my limits last night. I'll have to work hard at doing that if I go there again. It could also have been just because I had been out of town and out of touch for so long that it had been about four weeks since I had gone dancing with other people on Tuesday. It made me really happy to see everybody there, and to catch up with all the people I hadn't seen in a month or longer. I was glad to see that a night I was feeling really apprehensive about turned out to be very enjoyable, and not awkward at all. Oh! And I was also happy because the tap dance shim-sham we learned was a real dance that we could do! :) I kinda faked along with it once I realized it was similar, except that by that time they were out of the part that I knew...oh well *g* There'll be other times.
On less happy notes, I don't understand how there can be at least 20 people who visit my blog every day, and not a one of them find my posts interesting enough to comment on. *sigh* What would motivate you people to leave me feedback? What kind of posts do you want to see?
|
|